Sunday, May 01, 2011

My Heart is Deep in the Heart of Texas

I am from Texas. And I love it. Texas is the greatest place ever. And Texans are the greatest people ever.

I find myself talking about Texas constantly. I am obsessed with it. I just finished my finals on Friday, and now everyone is going home, and I am staying here in PA. My body is itching to be overcome by the sweltering Texas heat and go for a swim in frigid Barton Springs. But since I can't I am going to have to incorporate my homesickness into my personal style. Starting with this inspirational photoshoot.

I am amazingly impressed by this Italian perspective of Texas.

This is a spread in Italian Elle from last year that focuses on Texas. It has some awesome photos with awesome style that incorporates awesome Texas culture. It has the Texas state fair, Mexican embroidery (a huge part of my personal style), and even a shot at Barton Springs. If you haven't wanted to go to Texas you are dumb you should check this out.

No, you are not imagining things.

Yes, I own this shirt. I got it from being a Girl Scout delegate (don't ask). When I first got it (when I was 16) I was embarrassed to wear it, but now that I am stoked about it. I am dreaming of wearing it all summer over swimsuits, summer shorts, and with my trusty Birkenstocks. Plus, hopefully I can meet some fellow Texans so I can have a companion in my homesick misery.

Shirt: Girl Scouts
Shorts: Academy
Shoes: Birkenstocks

Sidenote: There are rooms in my house besides a kitchen!

These are my cowboy boots. Well, cowgirl boots maybe, because I have a vagina. But whatever. I think they look sort of ridiculous with pants, but I am digging them with summer shorts and skirts. And here I am wearing cut off shorts underneath that really short dress. I know what you are thinking, "Thank goodness she is wearing shorts, or else we would see the aforementioned reason that these are cowgirl boots." Well, you may not be thinking that exactly. But I was, which is why I put on shorts.

Boots: Thrifted
Shorts: Cut offs from Banana Republic Jeans
Dress: Urban Outfitters
Belt: Spoils of war

Smirky smirk

This is just about the embroidered chambray. Because it is two things that remind me of Texas in one. Embroidery because my (step)grandmother used to always make these amazing embroidery tablecloths and pillows and blankets. And chambray because... Well, it is just everywhere.

Button shirt: Thrifted
Lace shirt: Jerimiah
Shorts: Cut offs from Banana Republic Jeans

No comments:

Post a Comment