Sunday, April 17, 2011

Outdoors: Coachella

Looking through pictures of Coachella fashion is making me wish there was some warmth in this gorram state. I grew up in Tejas and we went to Kerrville Folk Festival, literally every year from birth to when I was 13 because my parents declared it too "mainstream and commercial". Yeah, my parents are those people. Following that I was an ACL gal all through high school, so I feel like I know my way around the festival scene.

Moving on, here are some adorable Coachella images so you can channel music festival style in your own home. That is, if it is warm. Which it isn't here. But frankly, music festival style looks good all summer.

Oh, Mr. Newton... you certainly have a type...


This picture doesn't really have anything that I am excited about. But it does make me really nervous for this poor little lady and her pale-ness. I can feel the sunburn her delicate skin is going to get today, and it just makes me worried.... I hope she has a lot of sunscreen and aloe in that little bag of hers...

Good news! Cut off shorts are still in!

They are, and they are adorable. I have been wearing mine (without tights!!!) and just a big tee-shirt tucked in. For some reason, even though I am rarely seen out of a skirt or dress, this look is just so appealing to me. Plus, they go with everything. And they are so comfy.

Ahoy!
In the same way that florals are synonymous with spring, I feel like stripes are the perfect summer pattern (fall is plaid, and winter is a time I would rather not go back to). Blue and white ones especially. They just look so darn classy. I love this outfit. And I really love that I think these are separates that she somehow brought together.

Batik!

I used to have a lot of batik dresses and skirts. Actually, I still do. Sometimes I wear sarongs out of the house like they are normal people clothes. This is usually in Austin though, where there is no such thing as underdressed. Ever.

My favourite part about this look, however is the caption given by the brainiacs at Harpers Bazaar:
"High-top Chuck Taylors add street cred to her pretty babydoll dress."
And on that note....

No comments:

Post a Comment